There are several ways that you can help the cats and kittens at our Adoption Centre:
- Adopt a Cat. There are always plenty of cats - all looking for loving new homes. Visit our 'Adopt A Cat' page to find out more about our adoption process.
- Fundraising. We are completely self-funding and rely entirely on the generosity of the public to enable us to continue our important work. So, if you were making plans to run a great distance, or jump from a cliff with only a rope attached to your ankles, any amount that could aid the work of York Cats Protection would be greatly appreciated. Please call our Adoption Centre on 01904 760356, or visit www.cats.org.uk to request a fundraising pack.
- Donations. As well as the enormous benefit of financial donations that allow us to provide each cat's daily care, there are other contributions that are equally appreciated by our residents. Any cat food or good quality cat accessories you no longer need, or are able to provide, will always be welcome.
- Just Giving. If you are doing a sponsored event you can directly support York Cats Protection by choosing 'Cats Protection' at justgiving.com Just mention York Branch in the title of your fundraising page and all the money you raise will go directly to helping the cats in the care of York Cats Protection Adoption Centre.
- Alternatively you could take a look at ourAmazon Wish List. Many of the items on this list are those that we use every day to keep the cats in care in a safe, clean and hygienic environment. By providing these items for us you will help us save money, allowing us to free up resources to help even more cats.
- Leave a Legacy. By remembering Cats Protection in your will, you are helping to improve the lives of future generations of cats and kittens.
- Visit our shop. Did you know we also have our own York Cats Protection shop? It's situated at 13 Walmgate, York YO1 9TX. Our shop is open Monday to Saturday, 10.00am - 4.00pm (closed on bank holidays) and sells a range of second hand goods, as well as official Cats Protection merchandise. Donations of quality clothes, books, toys and bric–a-brac are always welcome and can be dropped off directly at the shop or left at our Adoption Centre. All profits from the shop go directly towards helping the cats at York Adoption Centre. If you are able and interested, volunteers are often needed at the shop. Please call (01904) 620361 and speak to the manager.
- Become a member. How about becoming a member? Anyone, anywhere, can become a member of York Cats Protection and provide a helping hand to each & every one of our needy cats. All you need to do is contact our membership secretary (details below) to request a membership form. It costs just £10.00 a year and, in return, you will receive our bi-monthly newsletter 'Catnips'. Every penny goes directly towards helping the cats and kittens at York Adoption Centre.
Membership Secretary: Mrs Ann Eason, 52 Heslington Lane, York, YO10 4NA
Tel: 01904 632258 Email: email@example.com